5 Vegan Dessert Recipes for Your Next Special Occasion
Are you looking for the perfect vegan dessert recipe to serve on your next special occasion? Look no further! This blog post has 5 amazing vegan dessert recipes that will please even the pickiest of eaters. From decadent chocolate cakes to fruity tarts, you’ll find something to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. Each of these vegan desserts is easy to make and looks as good as they taste. So get your apron on and get ready to whip up some delicious vegan treats that will impress all your guests!
1) Chocolate Cake
Nothing says special occasion like a classic chocolate cake. This vegan version of this classic dessert will be sure to please the crowd! Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
To make the cake, you’ll need:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups non-dairy milk (such as almond or soy)
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups organic granulated sugar
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the non-dairy milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the sugar and mix until combined.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with some vegan butter. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
2) Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry shortcake is a classic summer treat, but it doesn’t have to be off-limits for vegans. With a few simple substitutions, this light and sweet dessert can become vegan-friendly. Start by making a vegan biscuit base. You can either use a store-bought vegan biscuit mix or make your own using vegan butter, flour, baking powder, and almond milk. Once you’ve made your biscuits, cut them in half and layer them on fresh strawberries. For the topping, make a vegan whipped cream using coconut cream, powdered sugar, and a little bit of vanilla extract. You can top each biscuit with cream or mix everything for a delicious strawberry shortcake. Serve it up with a dollop of vegan ice cream for an extra special treat!
3) Apple Pie
Apple pie is the perfect dessert for any special occasion. It’s warm, comforting, and delicious. The best part? It’s vegan! This recipe uses a flaky, buttery vegan pie crust that’s filled with a sweet apple filling. The apples are spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, then sweetened with maple syrup and brown sugar. The combination of flavors is sure to please any crowd.
To make the vegan pie crust, you’ll need all-purpose flour, vegan butter, cold water, salt, and sugar. Simply mix all of the ingredients until it forms a crumbly dough. Wrap it up in a plastic wrap and chill it for an hour or two before rolling it out into a circle. Place the crust in the pan, trim the edges, and set aside.
For the filling, you’ll need apples (Granny Smiths are best), lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Peel and core the apples, then dice them into small cubes. In a large bowl, combine the apples with the lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Mix everything until it’s well combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and spread it out evenly. Place another pie crust on top and crimp the edges to seal it. Cut slits in the top of the pie so that steam can escape while baking. Bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Allow the pie to cool completely before serving. Enjoy your vegan apple pie!
4) Pumpkin Pie
When it comes to holiday desserts, pumpkin pie is an absolute must-have. Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s also vegan and perfect for special occasions. To make your vegan pumpkin pie, all you need is a store-bought vegan pie crust and some canned pumpkin puree.
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan with vegan butter or oil. Place the store-bought vegan pie crust into the pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and spread it evenly.
Next, cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil or a silicone pie shield. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the top of the pie is golden brown and the center is just set. Let cool for about an hour before serving.
Top with vegan whipped cream or coconut cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for extra flavor. Enjoy this delicious vegan pumpkin pie on your next special occasion!
5) Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing says special occasion quite like a tray of freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies. If you’re looking for a delicious vegan dessert recipe, look no further than this classic cookie favorite. You can find a variety of vegan recipes for chocolate chip cookies online, but this one is simple, quick, and delicious.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup vegan butter (at room temperature)
– 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
– 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
– 1 package of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and almond milk and mix until combined.
4) Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5) Scoop the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet about two inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool before serving. Enjoy!